Monday, June 15, 2015

Pat's Convention Note #28 (Buy Links) of 100 things I learned from attending LITERARY CONFERENCES

#28. Buy Links on our websites.
For the past week, I have been doing what Christine from Kobo suggested to help boost sales; add Kobo buy links to my website. I’m still not finished. I already had buy links to Amazon, Barnes & Noble and iBooks, and I dreaded adding yet another one.

Messy, huh? So Christine recommended some authors’ websites, so I could see how they added buy links for their books.

In each of the examples, it appeared each book had its own page. I GROANED loudly, then gave myself a pep talk, “At least I don’t have as many series as some of them.” Yeah, right. That would be a great problem to have. So I began the task of creating separate pages for each series with links to each book. Here’s an example of my cleaner look and the page it links to:


 Now when visitors want to purchase a book, they will click on BUY THE BOOKS and get the page below:


The bottom line is simple. If we want to make money on all platforms, we need to have their buy links on our website.

Get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment